Sunday 16 October 2011

Video Idea

Some of my research consisted of watching a directors commentary which was made into a programme called mirrorball the director I used to help me plan and research my music video was Spike Jonze, here is a snippet of his commentary.

By watching this commentary and interview I was able to help think of ideas and what I would do with ideas of filming and locations. This is how my ideas came about...

The Singer/songwriter genre have many artists, there are a couple which I would like to use as my music video with artists such as:
Damien Rice
Bon Iver
Adele
Eric Clapton
Tracy Chapman
Jamie Woon
Laura Marling
Ben Howard
Ed Sheeran
After much analysis and deliberation I have decided to produce my music video on the artist of Ed Sheeran, I have chosen this because he fits the genre perfectly, his lyrics are intriguing and has learnt from other such artists as Damien Rice and John Mayer. So far he has produced two music videos both made on a low budget and producing outstanding quality. His two videos he has produced I will be analyzing to seek a pattern or not in his videos to help establish what to do in mine 

No comments:

Post a Comment