Monday 12 December 2011

what did you learn from your audience feedback ? 
From my audience feedback which was created via a questionnaire which I then put to a small group, I learnt that in my music video there were a number of items I could improve on, these items consisted of my editing. It was identified by a number of feedback answers that my editing wasn't smooth enough a couple of suggestions to improve this was to create more frames this would then make it slicker. When I was creating my video I didn't do as many frames as I liked because of the timing issue, therefore i've learnt if i were to create a professional music video I would spend more time and take more frames to override this issue. I also learnt another issue of song choice, although many said this wasn't a huge problem they said it was a personal choice and if it was up to them they would of done a different song. However, they said what I did with the song worked well and therefore this wasn't a huge problem. Consequently, I have learnt if I were to rectify this then choosing a song that fit everybody's taste would be impossible therefore I did the best I could with the material I had and know next time to consider people's song choice. From my music video another issue that cropped up was the editing of the song as I couldn't edit the song properly to fit the editing of the video it became hard to match and bits of the song were cut off. I learnt that this confused a couple of people as they didn't know what happend but there was nothing I could change to rectify this as it could take days I found out I would probably need more time to complete this and that putting the whole song in meant people would understand the narrative properly. As well as my music video I also got feedback from my Cd cover and advert, a couple of people said that there was a problem with the image not being big enough filling the space with just white making it not as professional looking as it could be, therefore I learnt that to change this I would have to edit the image to a bigger size to make others happy and fulfil the criteria in a cd cover. The advert was said to be improved by having more emphasis all over as it was a bit confusing where to look. However I learnt that the image i used meant you could link the three products I created together. 

On the other hand I also learnt some positive things from my audience feedback, there were a number of compliments with my idea of Lego stop motion saying that my idea was really good and very imaginative. As a result I've learnt I am capable of coming up with ideas and able to create a successful product. Other compliments came from some scenes that I created specifically such as the snow scene where I created realism with the snow scene they said this was very effective and from this I have learned I am capable of creating a decent stop motion. In my music video audience feedback also showed me my aim of matching the editing to the lyrics this then showed me that I have fulfilled my aim and been able to produce a half successful video by selling the artist with his lyrics. As well in my Advert and music cd i people found a link and connection between the products and could relate them together meaning people were able to understand the concept from this I have learnt that showing cultural links and connections are important to convey a message and understanding the audience. People said that the whole concept was overall sweet and they enjoyed watching video which in my opinion is successful and therefore overall I have learnt my product needs a few changes but was successful if I were to re-do this product with a longer time length I could hugely improve this product.  

No comments:

Post a Comment