Sunday 27 November 2011

Advert ideas

Advert Ideas

My idea for my advert has come from comparing two different adverts, Example’s tour dates and the selling Red Hot Chilli peppers Cd into a poster. From looking at these I have decided to make a tour dates advert, as this is really good at selling the artist with his music as well as promoting the artist’s image. It was also clear to see the intention of the artist in appealing to a wide audience by giving arena tours in places such as Manchester and Dublin rather than a poster just showing a genre of rock music and not much more. By deciding this I have decided to create a couple of ideas as seen in the following with an explained reason why.                                                 
 Idea 1

For my first idea, I have continued to use the idea of a colour theme throughout my digipack. This is because it represents Ed Sheeran with his ginger hair and its what he uses to promote himself. As well as this I have continued also to use the typography with Black making it bold and recognizable. The image involved is to promote the artist so I have used an image of Ed sheeran and to make him centre focus of this advert. Surrounded by him are the dates with the biggest arena being London 02 Arena as in the performing industry its the biggest arena out there and creates a landmark in their career. I have also added lego bricks surrounding as a border. This is showing a theme between the cd, video and advertisement. As well as promoting the tour I have also made a chance to promote the artist's album by naming the tour after his album as well as detailed information at the bottom in small print. I have also put in the necessary detail at the bottom such as where to buy tickets and find the artsits latest news.

Idea 2 For my second advert idea it is almost the same idea and concept I have gone for as in my first one, but this time I have changed the image from the artist to the personnel in my video, the lego version of Ed sheeran, this would make more sense as it connects throughout the other elements in the digipack especially with the video. I also edited the image to make it in black to fit in the with the rest of the colour theme. The image also has been edited with soft edges to blend the image with the background instead of making it to in your face therefore becoming a focus but not overtaking any other sections on the advert. 







After researching and planning I have decided to come up with my second idea as it makes more sense and with all the elements of the promoting the artist, album, tour and my music video I feel it will be successful, to improve this design I shall edit it further to gain the perfect advert. 

No comments:

Post a Comment