Monday 14 November 2011

Ideas with editing...

Using the software of Final cut express I shall edit my filmed music video. In my video I want the editing to represent the rhythm of the music linking audio with visuals, this is because in the video of Lego House it is difficult to identify a narrative so therefore although I have created a narrative attached is the use of editing to follow the music, for the audience to find attach a meaning to the video. This shall be done in many ways for example, when linking scene the lyrics its all "for you...'mhmm' when you're" at the time of 0.30 I will use the editing effect of a spin to use as a transition from one scene to another it follows the rhythm exactly. Other ideas that I hold are the hold of the first verse and chorus shall be in 'film grain and old film looking' creating a film like presence, until the lyric of 'I'm gonna colour you in' comes then the whole video shall appear in colour following my idea of audio connecting to visuals.

Other ideas consist of such as length of each frame shot will be at different lengths to fit in with the music so a lyrics is corresponding with the right action such as ' im gonna pick you up when your getting down' I will show an action of the lego figure somehow being picked up.

Half way through my editing I have chosen to swap software to windows movie maker as doing a stop motion it was easier to link all the images together for timing and editing above is an image of what my first edit looked like for verse 1 this is 27 seconds long 

This is then a snippet of my rough cut editing to show my progress so far...
This is an edit without the music, its a rough cut and my original idea...
 Scene 1 is the lego character being introduced into the video, walking from the self named lego house the edit I have done is ghost the first scene into the second
Scene 2 consists of a stop motion lego house being built brick by brick hiding the character. This editing also does a ghosting into the next scene
Scene 3 where the car is being driven into the house shows the editing fitting in with the lyrics and then connecting to the next scene with a sweep pan 
Scene 4 is ghosted into scene 5
Scene 5 has the use of a mosaic to illustrate the lyrics of there is one thing on my mind
Scene 6 has the transition of rotating following the lyrics and rhythm of 'mhmm'.


No comments:

Post a Comment